Author Topic: Installer for 0.3  (Read 1557 times)

juergenp

Installer for 0.3
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:13:05 am »
I've attached an NSIS based installer for 0.3.

It automatically installs the 32 or 64bit binaries and registers the driver. A link to dcrypt.exe is added to the startmenu.

I'll publish the source code once I've added support configurable options to start the initial disk encryption (after reboot).

jp

shtraue

Re: Installer for 0.3
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:48:55 am »
I've a couple of things here.

On install I've chosen English language, but on uninstall the language was German.

Also the entry in the start menu was not deleted on uninstall. I'm using Vista x86. The reboot is not required for the menu to go, on uninstall, right?

If there is code to delete start menu, but it does not work, I remember when playing with NSIS, setting the "SetShellVarContext all" in the postinstall and uninstall sections, for the menu to be deleted.

juergenp

Re: Installer for 0.3
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:25:14 am »
I've corrected the issue with German always being used for the uninstaller - but there's one bug that's "unfixable": The "Do you really want to uninstall?" question is always in English. After that, the uninstaller runs in the selected language, though.

I've also added SetShellVarContext as suggested.

You are correct, no reboot is required after uninstalling DiskCryptor.

I've created a web-page for the installer: http://labs.akkaya.de/software/DiskCryptor.html

Thanks for your feedback.