Author Topic: Windows 7 System Hangs After Encrypted  (Read 6917 times)

jdematt

Windows 7 System Hangs After Encrypted
« on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:05 pm »
Hi Everyone
I've deployed DiskCryptor to several laptops at work, and out of 9, one of them literally won't boot into Windows after the encryption process completed. When attempting to get into Safe Mode it hangs at CLASSPNP.SYS, and when I attempt to boot into safemode from the Windows 7 pro disc, it can't access the C drive because the disk is loaded prior to entering the encryption password, so it sees the file system as being in RAW format.

Any advice?

Petrovski

Re: Windows 7 System Hangs After Encrypted
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:06:24 pm »
Based on this thread and the fact it happened after you encrypted the system partition (and installed the diskcryptor bootloader), I'd say there is an issue with your MBR. I'd try booting with the discryptor live cd and reinstall its bootloader from there. If that doesn't work: decrypt using live cd, repair MBR with Windows installation cd and encrypt again.

jdematt

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:01:11 pm »
Thanks for the response Petrovski. I've tried fully re-installing windows from a fresh format of the disk and than re-encrypting the drive, again with the same results.

WOWanon

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 06:40:22 pm »
IMPORTANT: WORKS ON SATA, IF DO NOT WORK ON YOUR MACHINE, SEND ME A MESSAGE, WE CAN TRY TO FIX.

I've uploade the latest DiskCryptor with Win7PE:  :D --- 10.14.2014

http://www.uploadmagnet.com/xle7bvxm2wxz/Diskcrptor 1.1.846.118 - v. 10.12.2014 - Win7PE_x86.ISO

Here is the torret file(attach) and torrent magnet: 

Code: [Select]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:XNHT4MQTHYZWFC7WFZRJ5RFA2UWLVJ54&dn=Diskcrptor%201.1.846.118%20-%20v.%2010.12.2014%20-%20Win7PE_x86.ISO&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A80%2Fannounce

neotm

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 10:28:08 pm »
I have the same problem. Also Windows 7 64 bit. The only way to use my system is to uninstall the Bootloader an decrypt my system volume. Is there any problem with some windows update?

odotec

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:17:11 am »
Unfortunately the download-link is down.

Has anybody a bootable ISO-File with Win7PE and DC 1.1.846.118 for me? I already tried to create a ISO, but I had some difficulties.

Thanks in advance!

Italick

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 05:50:10 am »
Hello:

This thread is a good place to start for finding that:

https://diskcryptor.net/forum/index.php?topic=5321.0

Anfinuo has put links in that thread to discussions about how to make or download a rescue drive.

Besides Wowanon's rescue ISO, there is Anfinuo's rescue ISO on Rusfolder and my rescue USB drive image on Yandex.

Anfinuo

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 02:13:47 pm »
What "my man" Italick has said.

P.S.
My .iso is in thread tenth from the top (sans stickies) in this subforum, so you need to improve your search-fu ;)

P.S.2
Rusfolder and catshare :] And the catshare ones are still "alive"  8)

odotec

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »
Hello!

Thanks for your great help, I haven't seen your postings.
Now everything works fine! :D

Regards

RxShim

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 07:19:22 am »
Any thoughts on the issue?  DC is working well with my testing in vm's, But one model of laptop hangs.  Hp probook 5330m.

Anfinuo

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 03:01:31 pm »
What issue ?

RxShim

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:56 pm »
The one the OP mentioned with windows hanging on classPnp.sys after encryption.   Same error on that hp probook 3 times in a row from a clean windows install.

Italick

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »
Hi.  Every time I installed Windows 7 32-bit in VirtualBox on a blank new drive and then encrypted the system, it would behave that way.  (The system would hang after classpnp.sys.)

My workaround is to install XP first, and then Windows 7 after XP.  I don't know why the workaround allows me to encrypt and use Windows 7.  It just does.

You should encrypt XP and 7 with the same password so that both systems can start, if you do that.

You can get rid of XP at that point, but bootloader configuration would be required if you are removing XP or using a separate password for XP.

Particularly, the reconfiguration involves:
* Removing XP.
* Setting the 7 partition active.  (Or, using "first partition with appropriate password" in Diskcryptor instead)
* Rewriting the partition boot record for 7.
* Installing the Windows boot manager in the 7 partition.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:13:38 pm by Italick »

Anfinuo

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 06:12:07 pm »
1. OP mentioned it more than year ago, and stopped.
2. There are couple of posts about CLASSPNP.SYS error here on forum, and if you search the web, you'll find more.

RxShim

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 06:46:20 pm »
Italick: I appreciate the detail, strange situation as it is.  Though unless you're offering to come on site and do this for a few hundred PC's I'm not sure this is feasible. ;)

Anfinuo: Good points, but I haven't seen any meaningful solution other than lots of tinkering.  Having the same model of laptop exhibit the same behavior on a clean non-OEM install [different media each time] points me back to the hardware or some incompatibility in DC.  We're trying this on several other brands/models which should be interesting. 

The overall goal is for this to be 100% automated, which is working, besides this freeze after classpnp.  (and very odd cases where running dccon -enum doesn't produce any output)

The only thing that jumps out is that I think these laptops have 2GB ram and one of the posts mentions similar issues with Sophos.  Am going to try and bump up to 4gb and go from there.