Author Topic: TUTORIAL: An Easier Way to Create a Windows LiveCD Disc or USB  (Read 47736 times)

dkluv103

Re: TUTORIAL: An Easier Way to Create a Windows LiveCD Disc or USB
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 05:20:09 pm »
@Another Nym....

Please I did all you asked me to do. But now when it starts building, upon getting to the end I get this error "Build stopped due to an error". When I check the log, I get this "IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7PESE\OtherOS\zMultiWim.script]".

Please kindly help me rectify this error. I have only two (2) days to submit this project. Thanks a lot.

dkluv103

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »
@Another Nym....

Please I did all you asked me to do. But now when it starts building, upon getting to the end I get this error "Build stopped due to an error". When I check the log, I get this "IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7PESE\OtherOS\zMultiWim.script]".

Please kindly help me rectify this error. I have only two (2) days to submit this project. Thanks a lot.

Another Nym

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »
@Another Nym....

@dkluv103

I've never taken a computer course of any type in my life -- yet I can follow most of this stuff and do all kinds of computer hardware/software stuff by lots of trial and error, go over what went wrong in my head - think - read, then try again, then repeat as many times as necessary...

I'm telling you this because your project seems to be a school assignment. The big picture is that frustration followed by keeping at it, learning from failed efforts, and trying again, and learning not to give up -- is a big part of what you are supposed to be learning in any class you take. If you really learn that lesson there is almost nothing that can hold you back from continued growth in knowledge and wisdom, for the rest of you life! Think about that... and keep at it...

OK. In your current difficulties you haven't given up. You've returned for help. And that is good. WHat I'll do is try to help you help yourself. But ultimately you've got to help yourself, or your time and efforts and my time and efforts are wasted.

So generally, look at this thread. You'll see that there can be a problem with people's antivirus programs interfering with WinBuilder. So one thing to try  -- turn off your antivirus and/or antimalware, then repeat your original work and see if you now succeed.

Edit BTW this means repeat all of your original work; starting from the installing Winbuilder step because antivirus interference can actually mean that the antivirus interfered with the proper and full unzipping of Winbuilder -- so the Winbuilder you used may have been missing some of its parts... End Edit

If that doesn't help, note that you are using a script program. It tried to tell you what went wrong (you repeated that in your message to me). So you've got a great clue to work with. What I generally do with this type of thing is copy the whole message and paste it into Google. If that doesn't solve it then just paste parts of the message into Google (the part in brackets for example).

Generally the themes I saw from a quick look at your problem is that you can't run Winbuilder from any of your user folders (Use your root C:\ folder instead); the "otherOS" apparently refers to the difference between 32bit and 64bit Windows. So be sure your installed 32bit or 64bit Windows System matches the 32bit or 64bit source you are using in Winbuilder...

You need to be doing these searches and reading what you find. You'll learn something, from tiny to large, in every search you make, every thread you read. Your knowledge will increase at every step, as will your self-confidence that you are indeed competent and capable of doing this stuff...

Yet another approach -- identify that cute girl or handsome guy in your class who seems to know what they're doing because they either take incredible and diligent notes, or are always paying attention, or seem to know the answers or right questions -- and introduce yourself and ask if they can help you get past a stumbling block you've encountered in doing this assignment. You can say something like this; you don't want to copy their work but they (whoever they are) just seem to be really smart and really nice and you really need help with this stumbling block... If you already know this and do this, please forgive me giving advice you don't need and/or pat yourself on the back because you already have developed good people skills that will carry you far along the path of life. If you don't already use this approach, you'll be amazed at how much you can learn this way, and the friends you can make, and how nice people can be in general...

Winbuilder can be a big pain in the bottom, and quite frustrating. But all in all, it actually works quite well and one can almost always get it working sooner or later.

At the end of the day, you are going to feel proud and good about yourself. Believe me on this.

And yes I'll still try to help if everything else fails - but actually everything else is not going to fail. Hang in there.

Regards and good luck.

--
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:06:31 pm by Another Nym »

Anfinuo

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 07:22:22 pm »
Thank you, grfxguy, followed it to the letter (didn't boot from pendrive, but it should work too), worked like a charm. Now I'm tinkering with the non-small "version", and it's looking promising.

If it doesn't work for you, then you did something wrong, have an unsupported Windows. Looks like WinBuilder supports only untouched ones, than means one .iso for one* Windows edition (Starter, Home, Professional, etc.), and architecture (x86, x64).

Anfinuo

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 08:10:59 pm »
@WOWanon

Your torrent doesn't have seeders, I can't download your file.
August 20, 2014

IN Truecrypt, you can create rescue disk with 3 click: System > Create Rescue Disk > SaveAs .ISO
Then use _it_. Period.

Italick

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 08:44:30 pm »
Gawkerz, would you be able to make a WinPE?

Detailed instructions on making a WinPE with my preferred technique are here:
https://diskcryptor.net/forum/index.php?topic=5147.0

Before you start, understand that this is an overview of what you do:

1) Install Macrium Reflect.
2) From Macrium, make a rescue USB drive with WinPE version 3.1 for a 64-bit environment.
3) Find the Windows image (a certain kind of container file ending with .wim) on the USB drive, and extract it (using dism).
4) Put Diskcryptor files into the extracted folders.
5) Update a certain Windows registry file that is within the extracted contents (using regedit).
6) Compress the extracted files back into a new Windows image (using dism).
7) Replace the original Windows image file with the updated one.

You have to use dism commands to do the extraction and the compression.  If dism is not understood on your computer, you would need to install it.  You would have to install a WAIK or WADK package from Microsoft.  Then dism should work from the command line.

Warning about this WinPE:  If you are working in this WinPE, the computer will automatically and suddenly turn off if the Macrium Reflect program window is closed.  Keep it open while you work with Diskcryptor.

edit 1: I have assumed that you are using a 64-bit computer.  I do not know how to make a usable Diskcryptor WinPE for a 32-bit computer.

edit 2: It seems like your computer boots from the MBR.  It does not have UEFI, or you have put it into legacy mode.  In Macrium, you may need to specify that you want MBR boot support in the WinPE.

edit 3: You may have to repartition a USB stick drive before you can turn it into a Macrium rescue drive.  All files will be deleted if you do this.  If you make a mistake, the wrong drive could be formatted, so watch your selection carefully.  Open a command prompt as administrator and do these commands to format the stick:

diskpart
lis dis
sel dis n        (n is the number given to the USB drive.  Look carefully in the list.)
clean
create par primary
active
format FS=FAT32 LABEL="Macrium" QUICK
exit
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:39:40 pm by Italick »

Anfinuo

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 12:44:45 am »
To whom it may concern:
.iso with DiskCryptor and more

dgreene

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 09:47:04 pm »
IMPORTANT: WORKS ON SATA, IF DO NOT WORK ON YOUR MACHINE, SEND ME A MESSAGE, WE CAN TRY TO FIX.

I've uploade the latest DiskCryptor with Win7PE:  :D --- 10.14.2014

http://www.uploadmagnet.com/xle7bvxm2wxz/Diskcrptor 1.1.846.118 - v. 10.12.2014 - Win7PE_x86.ISO

Here is the torret file(attach) and torrent magnet: 

Code: [Select]
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:XNHT4MQTHYZWFC7WFZRJ5RFA2UWLVJ54&dn=Diskcrptor%201.1.846.118%20-%20v.%2010.12.2014%20-%20Win7PE_x86.ISO&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A80%2Fannounce

WOWanon, I appreciate this upload but probably due to my ignorance, I can't seem to mount the "Win7PE_x86.ISO.TORRENT" to a USB drive.

I have tried removing the ".Torrent" file extension and it becomes an unusable .ISO according to Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool and pendrivelinux tool.

Anfinuo

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 02:47:10 am »
WOWanon, I appreciate this upload but probably due to my ignorance, I can't seem to mount the "Win7PE_x86.ISO.TORRENT" to a USB drive.

I have tried removing the ".Torrent" file extension and it becomes an unusable .ISO according to Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool and pendrivelinux tool.
You did download the 219 MB file, and aren't trying to "mount" just the .torrent file ?

geeky

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 11:51:01 pm »
Pardon me, but I have created a nice Windows Server 2012 R2 PE thanks to his instructions - so they work. Don´t blame someone else´s efforts to help us if you don´t understand them because of the lack of knowledge, that´s just not friendly and puts you into a bad light really instead of him. Fact is, if you have some basic windows knowledge and have created PE ENV´s before, his tutorial works exactly as he posted it and I thank him for that.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:53:10 pm by geeky »