Author Topic: 4Tb диск GPT. Что я должен забекапить? /What I should backup;4TB drive with GPT  (Read 1240 times)

Wazo

Есть диск на 4 Тб под данные (не системный). Хочу его полностью зашифровать.
Столкнулся с тем, что его необходимо размечать под GPT, если я хочу использовать весь объем в 4тб целиком.
- Тут встает вопрос, если раньше можно было сохранить MBR, то как теперь быть с GPT?
- Что вообще мне надо/можно забекапить после шифрования диска с GPT разметкой?
- Какие проблемы могут возникнуть с такой разметкой?
- Как сделать лучше, сразу отформатировать диск из DC с полным шифрованием, или сначала отформатировать из системы а потом зашифровать?
Диск пока еще пустой.

Win7x64

Google translate
----------------------

I have 4 TB drive for data (not the system). I want it completely encrypt.
Faced with the fact that it is necessary to mark a GPT, If i want to use the whole 4tb volume.
- Here the question arises, if earlier it was possible to save the MBR, then as it is now to be with GPT?
- What in general I should / can backup after disk encryption with GPT markup?
- What problems may arise with such markings?
- How to make a better? right to format the drive from "DC" with full encryption, or the first format from the system and then encrypt?
The disc is still empty.

Win7x64

karmaprotector

DiskCryptor supports GPT fine, just not for the system disk. In your case, you can safely make your 4TB drive into a Basic GPT disk. (Not sure it works with Dynamic disks). I have several 3TB encrypted disks that work perfectly with this method.