Author Topic: Dual Windows System Bootloader  (Read 1494 times)

HenryMilton

Dual Windows System Bootloader
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:22:56 pm »
Hey folks,

I am running my system with 2 SSDs, both having Win7 installed. One of the systems is encrypted with Diskcryptor.

I always have to decide in the BIOS from which drive I want to boot. This is a little bit annoying since I want to decide this idealy
I an bootloader. I have already tried this with EasyBCD, but without success.

Is there an easy option for this?

Anfinuo

Re: Dual Windows System Bootloader
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »
DC bootloader allows you to choose from from what you boot. Are you saying it doesn't work ?
Also, if your computer isn't "ancient", you can use a "boot menu key", which allows you to choose booting device, without going into BIOS.

HenryMilton

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 12:26:55 am »
DC bootloader allows you to choose from from what you boot. Are you saying it doesn't work ?
Also, if your computer isn't "ancient", you can use a "boot menu key", which allows you to choose booting device, without going into BIOS.

Thanks for your answer!

The DC bootloader doesnt show any options, it just prompts the enter password screen.

My motherboard is not ancient, but I think there is no quick way to get into the boot menu. I would also love to see a prompt without doing anything everytime I start the system.

Anfinuo

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:57 pm »
The DC bootloader doesnt show any options, it just prompts the enter password screen.
You can change that in: "Tools" -> "Config Bootloader":

My motherboard is not ancient, but I think there is no quick way to get into the boot menu.
Yes there is, try finding your here:

I would also love to see a prompt without doing anything everytime I start the system.
Please elaborate.