Author Topic: Diskcryptor does not work anymore after Win 10 october update  (Read 574 times)

abrakadabra

Diskcryptor does not work anymore after Win 10 october update
« on: December 02, 2018, 04:18:02 pm »
I could not finish update. So i removed diskcryptor.
After updatinng windows i can't install diskcryptor anymore, to be more precisie, it cannot install driver
Win 10x64

milespware

Re: Diskcryptor does not work anymore after Win 10 october update
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:25:22 pm »
I have same issue, if I install disk cryptor to windows 10 x 64 version 1809 I get an error saying the driver could not be installed but if I uninstall then reinstall once more the error doesn't show.
BUT the main problem is that when I try to encrypt the hard disk it stops after partially encrypting (sometimes after 10% sometimes 30%), if i reboot then open disk cryptor it will continue but after a couple of reboots the machines fail to boot. I found the only way round this is to start encryption on the machine then after 2-3% shut the machine down place the hard disk into another machine as a secondary drive then finish encryption in this machine.
It looks like even this is starting to fail, have a machine now which was working perfectly but now wont boot, I type encryption password and just have black screen with flashing cursor, getting really frustrated with this now as its costing me hours of additional work to recover broken machines several time before they work properly. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix this???