This article will aid you if you would like to compile DiskCryptor from sources on your own. You may want to do that if you would like to make changes to functionality of the program, or if you want to make some fixes in the program yourself, or if you want to be in an absolute control of your security and trust only the compiles of the programs you use that you have made yourself. For the process you will need a number of tools that you can get for free from their creators.
- Windows Driver Kit (WDK). The latest version of WDK is offered on the Microsoft site, as well as previous releases (in an archive), you can use any of those. Install WDK, then create "DDK" environment variable, and point it to your WDK installation. In my case this is C:\WinDDK\6000\.
- Microsoft Visual Studio. When using Express Edition, after its install you will need to open "Tools → Options", then go to Projects and Solutions → VC++ Directories and add path (not required for the full version of Visual Studio):
- $(DDK)\bin\x86 into Executable files;
- $(DDK)\inc\mfc42 into Include Files.
- Express Edition does not have 64-bit compiler, therefore you need full version of Visual Studio in order to compile x64 version of DiskCryptor.
- Flat Assembler (FASM). After its install you would need to set the "fasm" environment variable, and point it to the folder where FASM is installed.
- Yasm Modular Assembler would need to be placed in any folder that is included in the %path% environment variable.
- Open dcrypt.sln project file in Visual Studio and select required:
- configuration (debug/release)
- platform (Win32/x64)
- Do Build Solution.
The end result of compilation will be found in the folder that is appropriate to the chosen configuration and platform.
Building BartPE plugin
- Perform compilation for Release configuration and Win32 platform.
- Then run make_bartpe.bat file. The result of compilation will be located in "bartpe" folder.
To learn how to make a disk with this plugin, — please refer to the article "Windows LiveCD integration".
|Language:||English • Deutsch • русский|